Search This Blog

12.03.2010

TIT PIG FOR FUCKING EVER!

Last night, I had the pleasure of interviewing the charming boys of Tit Pig before their show at the Comet. That will be posted as soon as I translate it from cassette recording to typed words, (it may take a minute, but I guarantee it's a gem.)

Photos by Lexi Lutter











Let me just talk about the show for a minute... Olympia bands Milk Music and Christian Mistress left me totally speechless. Christian Mistress made me want to grow my hair long, and sport a mustache while walking around shirtless and head banging.

Before Tit Pig started their set, I walked over to stand by my pal Lisa Orth and noticed an upside down garbage can in front of her. I asked, "Are you planning on standing on that?", and she replied, "No, I just got hit in the head with that." Tit Pig's set hadn't even started, and the thrashing (or should I say "trashing") had already begun. As soon as they started playing, I noticed a slight change in frontman Sean Envoy's eyes. They went from being somewhat sweet and innocent to fucking crazy. I was scared to make eye contact for fear he would jump through the crowd to pull me into the pit, shit on my face and cut me up with shards of glass. People were throwing garbage, beer cans, and anything else they could get their hands on. Sean's shirt was off in a matter of minutes to reveal his amazing chest tattoo. At one point drummer Chris Byrne had a box over his head. Unphased, he kept on playing. He also took a moment out of the set to offer his body up to any big bear takers. I hope someone took him up on the offer, but I didn't see all the bears in the crowd that he claimed were there. Did I mention how fucking talented a guitarist Will is? And bassist Eric Yates? Oh my fuck. Never miss a Tit Pig show if you know what's best for you. These guys know how to party. Here is a photo album for visual reference.

Check out Eric Grandy's review on the Stranger Slog here

Here's a little Milk Music for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment