Search This Blog

1.10.2011

You know you've arrived when...

Ellen asks you to be on her show!!!


Congrats, Nicki Minaj! 

Also, her album Pink Friday is CERTIFIED PLATINUM! Might I add, it only took 28 days to achieve this title. Say what you will about her, she's a 26 year old millionaire. And no matter what, she has worked really hard to be where she is. Respect.


In the beginning of the interview, Ellen comments on how amazing Nicki is dressed. I mean, duh. Nicki always looks good. At one point, Ellen touches her diamond encrusted heels and I think to myself, "consent!" but it's Ellen, and she can do whatever she wants because people love her and she's rich.

Nicki seems to have maintained a fairly down-to-earth persona, telling Elen she'd never in a million years think she'd ever be sitting on this couch having this interview, blah, blah,blah. Just watch:



Also, can I say, I love that she openly has multiple personalities? Is this some sort of new craze? I mean Sacha Fierce? Chris Brown rapping? Is this like when it was popular to be a pro basketball player slash "actor" slash "rapper"? Except you're not attempting different skills, just slightly changing the way you do one skill? Or am I way off? Remember Space Jam???


Michael Jordan was all like "I'm gonna be in a movie where I act and play pro basketball AT THE SAME TIME! BOO-YA!" Now that's what I call multitasking.



Anyway, more about Nicki Minaj. She preformed Moment 4 Life, where she exhibited pristine hand modeling skills, and had two back up dancers dressed up just like her!



I've fallen in and out of love with Nicki ever since I first saw her Itty Bitty Piggy video a little over a year ago. But now that she FINALLY has her OWN album, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! I'm back in love, and she's PLATINUM!


Oh, and one more thing...Look for her on the cover of V to hit newsstands this week!
I'm telling you, SHE'S BLOWIN' UP!

 I fly with the stars in the skies I am no longer trying to surviveI believe that life is a prize But to live doesn't mean you're alive...D-D-Don't worry 'bout me and who I fire I get what I desire it's my empire And yes I call the shots, I am the umpire I sprinkle holy water upon the vampire In this very moment I'm king In this very moment I slay Goliath with the sling In this very moment I bring Put it on everything, that I will retire with the ring And I will retire with the crown, yes No I'm not lucky I'm blessed, yes Clap for the heavyweight champ, me But I couldn't do it all alone, we Young money raised me, grew up out in Baisley South side Jamaica, Queens and it's crazy Cause I'm still hood, Hollywood couldn't change me Shout out to my haters Sorry that you couldn't phase me Ain't being cocky we just vindicated Best believe that when we done this moment will be syndicated I don't know This night just remind me of Everything they deprived me of P-P-P-P-Put your drinks up It-It's a celebration every time we link up We done did everything they could think of Gr-Greatness is what we on the brink of I wish that I could have this moment for life for life, for life Cuz in this moment I just feel so alive, alive, alive I wish that I could have this moment for life for life, for life This is my moment I just feel so alive, alive, alive


Follow her blog if you wanna keep up with this little scamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment